Stephen Ministry at KFCC
Our Stephen Ministry equips and empowers lay people as caregivers to provide one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community with high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting. You will find more information and helpful videos, personal testimonies and much more at the Stephen Ministry Saint Louis Web site.
A Stephen Leader is:
- Stephen Leaders receive leadership training from Stephen Ministry in St. Louis.
- Stephen Leaders are the ones who oversee and direct our Stephen Ministry.
- Stephen Leaders recruit, select, train, supervise and facilitate continuing education for Stephen Ministers.
A Stephen Minister is:
- A congregation member trained by Stephen Leaders within the congregation.
- A skilled lay person who receives 50 hours of high-quality instruction, using Stephen Ministry Training material from Stephen Ministries in Saint Louis.
- A faith-filled Christian who is compassionate, listens and empathizes with people going through difficult times such as: Grief, Loneliness, Life changes, Terminal, or Chronic illness
- A person who meets one on one with a person once a week for an hour maintaining strict confidentiality.
- A person who provides Christian Encouragement, Prayer, Compassion, Trust, Spiritual Support, Empathy, and more.
- A person who is supervised during the caring relationship.
- Receives continuing education.
A Stephen Minister is not: A Counselor, therapist, problem solver, or casual friend.
Would you like to join the Stephen Ministry Team?
For more information about Stephen Ministry, what it means to be a Stephen Leader or Minister, contact Stephen Leaders; - Janet Kelley at 603-781-1703 or Karen Sullivan at 603-418-4046.