Associate Pastor Shea Fitzgibbons
What does Assoc. Pastor Shea do at KFCC?
I take seriously the biblical charge given to pastors, “to equip the saints for the work of the ministry, for building up the body of Christ” (Ephesians 4:12). Therefore, my kingdom contribution at First Congregational Church of Kingston as the Associate Pastor is to use my gifts and abilities to help others heal and grow spiritually, emotionally and relationally, thereby equipping them for works of service that Proclaim Christ, Teach his ways, and Reach a lost and hurting world.
Below are areas of ministry and specific tasks and responsibilities related to my role:
> Caring Ministry
- Collaborating with the Pastoral Care Team
- Visitation at nursing homes, hospitals, and homes
- Fostering a “Caring Culture” across the entire church
- Stephen Ministry Leader
- Informal Christian counseling of individuals and couples
- Crisis Care
- On-call pastoral emergencies
- Hospital & Hospice
- Funeral officiating
Bereavement care, providing a 13-week Christ-centered support group for those grieving the death of a loved one, called GriefShare.
> Preaching and Teaching
- Preach at FCC’s weekend services during the Lead Pastor’s absence
- Evangelism & Discipleship Classes (basics of Christianity, leader development and spiritual growth, bible study, etc.)
> Membership & FCC Community
- Collaborate with Elders, Deacons and Ministry Teams to coordinate programs creating a discipleship path from welcomed visitor to engaged member
> Pre-marital counseling & wedding officiating
> Community Pastor Groups
- Participate in local pastoral networks to pursue personal spiritual growth, collegial accountability and mutual encouragement